Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bad Days

There are days when you feel like you can conquer the world-- like when you get done with your finals and all your grades have posted...that ahh feeling. And then there are days like today, days when there is never enough time. Caring for dad and the kids all day today was a handful. It was my "day off" from work, and my husband worked so it was all me. Those are long, draining days. My dad is an amputee, so he requires help bathing and using the restroom. So we get up, eat breakfast, give baths/showers, eat lunch, nap for kids, clean up house, dinner, and bed! It seems like every mouth is always hungry and waiting for me to fix a meal.

The reward for all this? Smiling faces and peace of mind knowing that everyone I love is cared for. At the end of days like this, I always think about mom and how she would have somehow made this all a little better, a little more bearable. I know that once school is over, a lot of financial stress will be gone. I long for that day, but I am really not sure if real life stress will ever go away.

One thing I know. These faces will keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment